The face of retail has changed dramatically over the past 10 years.
What those changes have been and what changes retailers will need to adapt to heading into the future are the subject of a Meet the Experts panel on “The Changing Landscape of the Retail Industry,” sponsored by Penn State Lehigh Valley’s Council for Retail and Sales.
“Retail has changed so much. There’s an evolving consumer and we’ll address how they’re changing and what is driving them,” said Denise Ogden, one of the organizers and panelists of the event.
The event will be held at Walmart’s E-Commerce Fulfilment Center in Bethlehem and local officials from Walmart will talk about the changes occurring at the retailer and how they’re trying to drive the economy.
Also, a representative from paint retailer Sherman Williams will speak about how that company has survived as a retailer for 150 years and how it plans to adapt to the current and future trends.
The panel of experts include:
* Ann-Louise Almeida: regional vice president, Walmart
* Ellen Deyoc: regional eCommerce director, Walmart
* Toby Gray: vice president regional fulfillment operations, Walmart
* Denise Ogden, professor of marketing, Penn State Lehigh Valley; vice-chair, CRS
* Jeremy Schmoyer: financial manager – division collections, Sherwin-Williams
Moderated by Doug Nay, associate professor of business, East Stroudsburg University
A tour of the Walmart E-Commerce Fulfillment Center will follow the program.
The event begins at 8 a.m. on Sept. 25. For more information visit https://crspsu.org/?page_id=34.