Alentown’s PPL Foundation has awarded nearly $600,000 in grants to 13 nonprofits.
The grants were distributed throughout PPL Corp.’s 29-county service territory in eastern and central Pennsylvania and total $585,000.
Major grant recipients are:
• $50,000, American Red Cross of the Greater Lehigh Valley
• $25,000, Archie’s Place serving Lebanon, Dauphin, Lancaster and York counties
• $50,000, Children’s Museum in Bloomsburg
• $25,000, Civic Theatre of Allentown
• $30,000, Community Action Partnership of Lancaster County
• $50,000, Community Services for Children in Allentown
• $30,000, Earth Conservancy in Luzerne County
• $45,000, Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine in Scranton
• $30,000, Girl Scouts in the Heart of Pennsylvania covering the Northeast, Northwest and Southwest regions
• $25,000, Hawk Mountain in Berks County
• $25,000, Northeastern PA Industrial Resource Center in Luzerne County
• $100,000, REAL Life Community Services in Lancaster
• $100,000, Susquehanna Health Foundation in Lycoming County
The foundation makes grants in the spring and fall of each year. Earlier this year, it said it awarded $450,000 to more than 70 organizations.
With this latest grant announcement PPL’s foundation has made more than $3 million in community contributions in 2018.
Nonprofits interested in applying for foundation grants can visit www.pplcares.com to learn more.