Lehigh Valley Health Network marked a milestone today in a project now underway to renovate the main lobby at Lehigh Valley Hospital-Cedar Crest.
LVHN invited employees and community members to sign the final beam that will frame the lobby’s new addition. The beam was then to be hoisted into place.
When the project is complete this fall, the new lobby will feature:
• New doors that will help prevent hot and cold air from entering the building;
• A new, more visible welcome desk;
• An addition where patients can wait for their ride and access valet services;
• A larger canopy covering the entire entrance and exit;
• Upgrades to the heating, ventilation and air-conditioning system;
• New landscaping near the main entrance and parking decks.
“When complete, the new lobby will make it easier for patients and visitors to enter the building; find their destination inside the hospital; and feel comfortable while they wait for a ride home,” said Matthew Burns, spokesman for LVHN. “We constantly strive to give our patients and visitors the best possible experience.”
The total cost of the project will be approximately $3.7 million. The cost includes new construction and renovations to the existing space, said Burns.