Jobs at Lehigh Valley Business
Now hiring: Events Manager
Central Penn Business Journal, Lehigh Valley Business and Central Penn Parent have an opening for an experienced events manager to plan and execute all aspects of our virtual events. When we can safely bring large groups of people together in person again this role would be planning virtual, live and potentially hybrid events.
The events manager oversees the event planning process by working closely with event managers in our other neighboring markets and the group publisher. This role will manage existing events and work with the team to innovate and launch new awards or educational events. This role will create and manage the event timelines for 25 plus events annually and ensure all responsibilities are completed accurately and on time. The role works closely with sales, the special product editor and the digital editor along with production, event facility, catering and registration vendors.
- Identify event opportunities
- Strategize and plan events, including new events and the improvement of existing events
- Increase attendance to all events by using various marketing strategies
- Coordinate with the group publisher, editors and the sales team to reach our goals.
- Working closely with all vendors to create successful event experiences for our guests.
- Budget and forecast event income, expenses and attendance
- Negotiate and manage event contracts and all barter agreements
Skills and Qualifications:
- Self-motivated, has great attention to detail, strong time management skills and multi-tasking skills
- Organized and has the ability to juggle multiple deadlines at the same time
- Strong writing, communication and customer service skills preferred
- Experience with social media marketing, WordPress website updates and experience creating successful email marketing is a plus
- Problem solving skills along with creativity is very important
- Four year degree and 2+ years of event planning experience
Our organization requires an innovative culture and staffers have to be willing to develop new ideas, take risk and grow the event brand through smart marketing and increasing market share.
Please submit your cover letter, and resume if you are interested in this position. We offer competitive pay and a generous benefits package.
BridgeTower Media and all subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and value diversity in our workplace.