The Greater Lehigh Valley has been booming with commercial construction the past few years, and its momentum shows no signs of slowing. With construction comes the need for other services from ancillary industries, including electrical contractors and heating, ventilation and air conditioning contractors, among others.One company that has a strong presence in the region providing electrical contracting services is The Tri-M Group LLC.
Here to answer this week’s “Behind the List” questions is Anthony Dionne, director of operations at the Lehigh Valley facility in Upper Macungie Township.
Lehigh Valley Business: How long has The Tri-M Group LLC been operating in the region and what are its primary services?
Anthony Dionne: The Tri-M Group LLC has proudly been serving clients in the Lehigh Valley since 1989.
Our primary services include:
- Electrical construction – electrical installations from the utility pole to the building and throughout the facility.
- Virtual construction services – design and prefabrication solutions.
- Building automation – complete integrated facility management systems.
- Network infrastructure – structure, fiber optic and copper cabling installations and audiovisual/video conferencing systems.
- Security – access control, video surveillance, intercom systems, tracking and alarm systems.
- High-voltage substations and underground and above ground transmission and distribution systems.
- 24/7 service – emergency, scheduled maintenance and service contracts.
- Electrical testing – infrared, transformers, servicing and maintenance of all electrical power systems.
LVB: What have been some of the biggest challenges and opportunities that The Tri-M Group LLC has encountered throughout its years in business?
Dionne: Our biggest challenge starting in the Lehigh Valley was growing our business in a new marketplace and establishing the same great reputation that we had at our corporate location started back in 1964 in Kennett Square.
Through our dedication to excellent service and top quality, it didn’t take long for us to be regarded as one of the best electrical contractors in the Lehigh Valley.
The challenge we face as an industry is a shrinking pool of skilled tradesman, and fewer young folks entering the construction industry. As a solution to this problem, we are actively speaking at local schools to promote the construction industry as a thriving and viable career option.
We also have created a virtual construction division that allows us to do more with the great team members we already have. Using a 3-D model, our design team can lay out our installations without stepping foot on the job site.
Our technicians utilize lean manufacturing methods to build our electrical installations in a highly sophisticated prefabrication facility.
The opportunities include a continued demand of large commercial projects along with a growing demand for our building automation, network infrastructure, high-voltage and testing services.
LVB: Does The Tri-M Group LLC provide its services on both a residential and commercial level? What have been some its most notable projects that it has completed, and what are some projects that it has in the pipeline in the Greater Lehigh Valley?
Dionne: The Tri-M Group provides industrial and commercial services. Some of the notable projects that we recently completed include:
- Guardian Life Insurance 286,000-foot state-of-the-art office building in Bethlehem.
- Samuel Adams Brewery 69-kilovolt substation in Breinigsville.
- II-VI Inc. clean room facility in Easton.
- Ecopax plant equipment and electrical installation in Bethlehem.
LVB: How does The Tri-M Group LLC directly stimulate the local economy? How does it get involved with the local community?
Dionne: We annually support the Lehigh Valley Health Network’s Annual Gala. We are on the occupational advisory committees for the local vocational schools.
Our employees are very involved in the community whether with the local fire company, church and youth sports leagues.
LVB: What does the future look like for The Tri-M Group LLC? Does it have plans for growth?
Dionne: We are very excited about the future of the Tri-M Group. Fueled by a growing demand for a one-stop electrical solutions company, with a commitment to safety, honesty, integrity, quality and a thriving economy, the sky is the limit.
Our founder believed in the continued growth of the Tri-M Group, to provide opportunities for our people to grow and advance their careers in the company. We have continued on that desire to grow and build long-lasting relationships with our clients.