More than 300 people attended the 2018 Lehigh Valley Business – Business of the Year Awards at DeSales University on Tuesday Night.
The awards recognize the Greater Lehigh Valley's most dynamic businesses and business leaders who share a commitment to professional excellence, business growth and the community.
Michael O’Rourke, publisher of Lehigh Valley Business, spoke at the event.
“We are here tonight to celebrate great achievement; the achievement of doing something meaningful and full of purpose so that the end result is one of economic gain and jobs. We are in a room full of folks who measure success by talking about profits, employee satisfaction and community service,” he told the crowd.
The following businesses and individuals were honored:
• Three Lehigh Valley executives, Steven Follett of Follett LLC, John Malloy of Victaulic and Elaine Pivinski of Franklin Hill Vineyards were named to the Lehigh Valley Business Hall of Fame and Kevin Campbell of Barry Isett and Associates Inc. was named Executive of the Year at the event.
• Ronald Jerdon of Jerdon Construction Services was named Corporate Citizen of the Year.
• SCF Architecture, LLC was named Emerging Business of the Year.
• Pentemo Group (formerly Vishtech Services Co.) was named the Minority-Owned Business of the Year.
• myHR Partner was named Women-Owned Business of the Year, and
• Netizen Corp. was named Veteran-Owned Business of the Year.
• Discover Lehigh Valley was named the Small Nonprofit Organization of the Year and ArtsQuest was named the Large Nonprofit Organization of the Year.
• Weather Trends International was named Business of the Year with 1-14 employees.
• Omega Protective Services LLC, was named Business of the Year with 15 - 24 employees.
• Fitzpatrick Lentz & Bubba PC was named Business of the Year with 25 - 100 employees, and
• Traffic Planning and Design Inc. was named Business of the Year with 101+ employees.