Roosevelt’s 21st of Bethlehem took top honors in this year’s Souper Bowl at ArtsQuest’s SteelStacks this past weekend in Bethlehem.
The annual event, set the weekend before Super Bowl Sunday, pitches Lehigh Valley restaurants’ top soups against each other to raise money for the ArtsQuest Arts Education Fund. The competition drew 19 restaurants and 29 entries, with funds raised topping $20,000.
Roosevelt’s took in the most votes to take the title of Souper Bowl Champion with its beer can chicken chowder, created by chef Benjamin Leffler and his team.
Runner-up was Volpe’s Sports Bar of Emmaus with a beer belly bisque.
Easton’s The View at Morgan Hill’s crème brulée soup was named second runner-up.
• Best cream-based – Crème brulée soup from The View at Morgan Hill, Easton.
• Best ethnic – Greek mountain stew from Daisy Hill Deli & Grill, Allentown.
• Best meat-based – Beer can chicken chowder from Roosevelt’s 21st, Bethlehem.
• Best seafood-based – Shrimp bisque from SouthSide 313, Bethlehem.
• Best vegetarian – Broccoli cheddar soup from Johnny’s Bagels & Deli, Bethlehem.
• Most original – Kefir yogurt fig soup from Forks Mediterranean Deli, Forks Township.