The top 10 best things about the beach and summer:
(1) The laid-back attitude, which extends to clothes and shoes, of which the latter are optional.
(2) Falling asleep to the rhythm of the waves washing ashore.
(3) Walking in the cool, wet sand at the edge of the ocean.
(4) Strolling on the Boardwalk.
(5) Marina restaurants.
(8) Chilling on a veranda, sipping a cool drink, the ocean just yards away.
(9) Post-beach showers, slipping into comfy clothes and heading out to dinner.
(10) And, of course, the best thing about most anything: No work.
(For the record, the most overrated part of going to the beach is baking in the oppressive heat on sand hotter than a blast furnace at a steel mill. Millions, of course, beg to differ.)
RANDOM SHOTS AND SECOND THOUGHTS
-- On average, it takes less than 17 minutes to get a food stain on any pair of pants worn for the first time after getting them dry-cleaned.
-- On television this Sunday is the race already held between Michael Phelps and a Great White Shark. Let’s hope all contestants remained in their designated lanes.
-- At his parole hearing today, O.J. Simpson said, “I was a good guy on the street.” … Just going to assume here that he was not referring to activities on Bundy Drive.