The American Heart Association this week recognized 12 Lehigh Valley companies or organizations as platinum or gold-level award recipients in the Fit-Friendly Worksites recognition program.
Recipients were in Berks, Carbon, Monroe and Northampton counties.
• Hamilton Elementary School, Sciota.
• Moravian Village of Bethlehem, Bethlehem.
• Schneider Electric, Leesport.
Gold recipients include:
• B. Braun Medical Inc., Bethlehem.
• East Stroudsburg Area School District, East Stroudsburg.
• Lehighton Area School District, Lehighton.
• Pencor Services Inc., Palmerton.
• Pleasant Valley School District, Brodheadsville.
• Pocono Health System, East Stroudsburg.
• Reading Health System, West Reading.
• St. Joseph Regional Health Network, Reading.
• Stroudsburg Area School District, Stroudsburg.
Fit-Friendly companies are recognized for carrying out wellness activities such as a company walking program and routes, gym access, allowing staff to wear athletic shoes on designated “sneaker days” or making sure healthy foods and beverages are in company meetings and vending machines.
Companies can apply online for Fit-Friendly recognition and are selected twice per year by a national committee. The next deadline for applying for Fit-Friendly Worksite recognition is Nov. 1. Visit www.ffc.heart.org for more information.
Please note: All comments will be reviewed and may take up to 24 hours to appear on the site.View Comment Policy