The Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection has awarded $996,713 to 134 small businesses across the state to invest in energy-efficiency or pollution-prevention projects.
The Pennsylvania Small Business Advantage Grant program, funded through the Hazardous Sites Cleanup Act, helps businesses with 100 or fewer employees. It provides 50 percent matching reimbursement grants of up to $9,500 to implement projects that will save 25 percent annually in pollution-prevention or energy-related costs.
The grants are expected create more than $3.7 million in private-sector investment in small businesses.
Among the Greater Lehigh Valley recipients:
• ACME Structure LP - $4,449
• Alloy Fabrication Inc. - $5,197
• Bamboula LTD - $4,775
• Eaton Farms Production LLC - $8,274
• Fraccaro Industries Inc. - $9,500
• Kennedy Tool & Die - $9,500
• PhytogenX Inc. - $5,737
• Queen City Family Restaurant - $9,500
• Suburban Testing Labs Inc. - $9,500
• Brilliant Beginners LLC - $7,260
• Eastern Surfaces Inc. - $9,500
• Michael R. Bilka – $4,450
• Traci's Learning Center - $2,282
• IDP Publications - $9,500
Examples of eligible projects include high-efficiency heating, ventilation and air conditioning and insulation upgrades, high-efficiency lighting to save energy, installation of energy-efficient heat pumps and new auxiliary power units that help large trucks reduce time spent with idling engines.
Please note: All comments will be reviewed and may take up to 24 hours to appear on the site.View Comment Policy