The Greater Lehigh Valley Chamber of Commerce will launch TechFest on Friday at Tek Park in Breinigsville from 8 a.m.-2 p.m.
The chamber's Small Business Council and Young Professionals Council are coordinating the social media marketing and technology conference to educate and inform local businesses, with a focus on smaller firms.
"We've had smaller social media events but none of this size," said Mike Keller, director of media communications and technology for the chamber. "It was time to bring a bigger event that involved technology for small businesses."
TechFest will consist of two keynote speakers and four breakout sessions scheduled throughout the day, with an equal focus on social media marketing and technology for small businesses.
Organizers plan to highlight a variety of social media and technology issues for small business owners and executives, including new ways to increase efficiency without spending so much time, search engine optimization techniques and cloud computing and data management.
The program is particularly useful for small business owners who often have to rely on themselves or one or two employees to understand and solve technology issues, Keller said.
"The largest businesses have whole teams for solving these problems," he said.
"Smaller ones don't have the resources larger companies do."
The cost is $75 for chamber members, $125 for nonmembers, and includes the day of programs, networking, breakfast and lunch.
Morning keynote (8:45-9:30 a.m.)
- "How to Get More Customers" by Jon Zack, founder and CEO, EggZack
Breakout discussions (10-10:45 a.m.)
Social media return on investment: Where do I spend MY time?
- Doug Panzer, counsel for intellectual property, Fitzpatrick Lentz & Bubba PC.
- Jon Carvallo, Northeast U.S. account manager, EcoTech Marine.
- Kelly Joffe, advertising and social media specialist, Cliff Ross Designs.
Moderator: Megan Beste, director of marketing and special projects, Fitzpatrick, Lentz & Bubba PC.
Tech for small biz
- Bill Shriver, regional manager, advanced technology, Verizon Wireless.
Breakout discussions (11:15 a.m.-noon).
Marketing in the digital age – advertising, blogging, SEO
- Fred Zahradnik, director of digital marketing, Altitude Marketing.
- Michelle Gaynor, director of account services, Klunk & Millan Advertising.
- Steve Luvender, user experience architect, Liquid Interactive.
Moderator: J. Matthew Zator, Zator Law.
Justifying the investment
- Josh Braskie, CEO, Simply IT.
- Victor Salicetti, founder and chief information officer, AmericaVen.
- Kristen Pittman, co-founder/project manager, Cylutions.
- Trevor Miller, owner, Mid-Atlantic Technology Professionals.
Moderator: Paul Ricciardi, owner, Golden Pepper Productions.
Afternoon keynote (1:15-2 p.m.)
- Martha Collins, director of Global Technology Centers, Air Products..
Tek Park is at 9999 Hamilton Blvd., Breinigsville.
For more information, contact Mike Keller at 484-547-8551 or email@example.com.